bigkath

BigKath: Just in case you were wondering, "bigkath" is made up of the first part of my last and first names and has nothing to do with my size. :o)

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Thank you Sis. Beck!

Since Sis. Julie B. Beck was released as the General Relief Society President, I have been contemplating how much I have learned from her and how much I have loved her.  I will never forget the talk "Mother's Who Knew" that she gave in conference shortly after she was called to be the president.  That talk spoke of the kind of woman that I am working to become.   
 
I also had a recent experience with Sis Beck (on February 3, 2012).  I was with my family at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple doing baptisms for some of my ancestors.  A temple worker came into the room and said we had a "special visitor" and in walked Sis. Julie B. Beck.  Wow!  She came around and shook each of our hands.  When she came to me she looked right into my eyes.  I could feel her looking into my soul.  It was so powerful.  She was asked to share something with us on the spot (what an example she is of being in tune with the Spirit to be able to share messages without any notice or preparation).  She talked about how the power of God is manifest in the ordinances and quoted D&C 84:19-21.  The Spirit of God was so powerful as she testified. 
I am grateful for Sis. Beck's example, service, and love.  I look forward to continually learning from her legacy, as well as learning from the new Relief Society Presidency. 

2 comments:

  1. Kath- what a cool experience with Sister Beck. I have to admit- I was pretty bummed when they released her. Love ya Girl!

    ReplyDelete