bigkath

BigKath: Just in case you were wondering, "bigkath" is made up of the first part of my last and first names and has nothing to do with my size. :o)

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Conquered Clinic!

I finished my university clinic work!  This is a HUGE step and a big relief since clinic was so stressful for me.  Wow!  I made it!  There is still A LOT left to do (one more term of classes, two internships, and a thesis) but I have accomplished a lot and I haven't given up! 

When I came home I found this sweet surprise . . .

My roommate, Jeniel had "heart attacked" my room.  My floor and bed were covered with hearts and showered with "kisses" and mints and there was a sweet note congratulating me on my accomplishment.

That really meant a lot to me.  I almost cried when I saw it.  Thank you so much, Jeniel!

To celebrate finishing clinic we went to the BYU creamery to get a kids meal (they are cheap and yummy, especially the fries!).  This was kind of ironic since my building is right across the street from the creamery.  You would think I would want to get away!

That night we went to a Jon Schmidt piano concert with some friends.  As I listened to the music I was thinking about how far I have come.  A year ago I never thought I would see light at the end of the tunnel and I was looking for any excuse to quit this program.  But I never did give up.  I am still working hard and I keep thinking how good it is going to feel when I finish!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! You are awesome!
    And what a great roommate.

    ReplyDelete