bigkath

BigKath: Just in case you were wondering, "bigkath" is made up of the first part of my last and first names and has nothing to do with my size. :o)

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

I am grateful for

The people in my life:
  • Mom: for doing so many little things to make my life better and always loving me no matter what
  • Dad: for being the most patient person I know and for his example of diligence and faith
  • Joseph: for being such a hard worker and being an example of service
  • Jeniel: for helping me learn to balance life and school and have fun, and for helping me stay motivated
  • My grandparents: who are now gone, but I continue to be blessed because of them
  • All of my extended family and great friends who bring joy and meaning to my life
Health:  I'm grateful that pretty much worst thing I have to suffer is the occasional cold or flu.  I am blessed with heath both physically and mentally and I am so very grateful for it.

Education: I'm grateful for a mind that is alert and that can learn.  I'm grateful for the means to attend school and earn a degree.  I love being able to learn new ideas, figure things out, and increase my skills.

Utah: A lot of people often express their dislike of Utah for various reasons.  Utah isn't perfect, by any means.  But there are lot of things that I am very grateful for about Utah.
  • Temples everywhere!
  • Mountains: beautiful sites and hiking
  • Most of my family is here
  • 4 seasons (weather is never boring)
  • Relatively safe: kids can play outside, we don't have to have bars on our windows, or fences and gates around our houses
  • No hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunami's, or other huge natural disasters  (but probably a big earthquake someday)
  • Wonderful people from all different backgrounds: lots of talent!
  • Temple square events
  • Southern Utah sites: beautiful!
  • Missionary opportunities
Most of all, I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with everything that I have: my life and the opportunity to serve the people around me.  I'm grateful for His love which is brought to me through those around me. 

2 comments:

  1. Katherine, nice to see you enter the blogging world! I am excited to read your posts. Visit mine at happyseptember.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thankful for you Katherine!!!


    Janine and Family

    ReplyDelete