bigkath

BigKath: Just in case you were wondering, "bigkath" is made up of the first part of my last and first names and has nothing to do with my size. :o)

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Making Lemonade . . . where's the sugar?

I was reminded recently of the saying, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."  My response was, "Well, where am I going to get the sugar!"  Life has given me plenty of lemons in the last little while, leaving my hopes and visions tainted with sourness.  But I started thinking about the "sugar" in my life realized I have plenty of sugar to make some delicious lemonade!


My sugar:

my faithful and loving parents
my sweet and amazing brother
friends who support me and love me
a knowledge of my Heavenly Father who loves me and want me to be happy
a Savior Jesus Christ who made it possible for me to overcome my weaknesses
a place to live, food to eat, clothes to wear, blankets to keep me warm
a healthy body that allows me to learn, think, communicate, and experience joy
good music, photography, books, movies, and dancing
reading in my hammock, bike rides, frisbee, and hiking
beautiful nature, warm sunshine, and refreshing rain
and the list goes on . . .

1 comment: