bigkath

BigKath: Just in case you were wondering, "bigkath" is made up of the first part of my last and first names and has nothing to do with my size. :o)

Monday, December 26, 2011

Did Christ find your home this Christmas?

Each Christmas my family lights luminaries in the front yard to "Light the Way for Christ."  It is a beautiful tradition that got me thinking as we braved the cold and lit around 60 candles.  Am I letting Christ into my life?  Am I lighting the way so He can find me?  Am I reaching out to Him and asking for His help?  Am I welcoming Him and His love into my heart?  Am I making Him the focus of all of my thoughts, desires, and actions?

I sang with my parents in the ward choir on Christmas Day.  I hadn't been particularly excited about the cantata we were singing.  But my heart was changed.  The spirit was so strong as we sang of Christ and the joy that comes because of His birth and life.  Tears came to my eyes as I thought of His suffering for me.  I want to be so much better than I am.  Thanks to Christ, I can change, repent, and become the woman He knows I can be.  As I looked around the chapel at the faces of the people, I was filled with a little taste of Christ's love: I just wanted to give everyone a hug.  I send my love and a big "Christmas Hug" to all of you and hope that Christ has found His way to your heart this season and stays all the year long. 

2 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts. Sending you a hug in return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eres un gran ejemplo en mi vida, gracias por reflejar siempre tanto amor hacia Jesucristo, eso me ayuda a auto evaluarme y recordar que necesito mejorar cada día.

    ReplyDelete