bigkath

BigKath: Just in case you were wondering, "bigkath" is made up of the first part of my last and first names and has nothing to do with my size. :o)

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Graduated and on to "real life"

An update is long overdue!  The first big news is that I graduated from BYU with my Master's in Speech-Language Pathology. It was a long and hard two years and there were many barriers trying to keep me from graduating. But I did it!

A special thanks to "Trooper", my computer who was my constant companion and got me through grad school.  I wouldn't have been able to do it without him.  We even fell down the stairs together and he still has a big scar on his corner to this day.  He has gotten old and is retired now from his duties.  I only fire him up every once in a while.  He gets tired really fast and wants to turn back off (without warning me of course . . . hum... sounds like my patients).


Another thanks to "Backpack" who has been with me since my freshman year of college.  He endured 10 years of lugging heavy textbooks, laptops, and who knows what else.  And thanks to "Sebastian," my faithful car, who got me to classes, internships, the grocery store, and anywhere else I needed to go.

And most of all, thanks you to my wonderful family and friends (yes YOU!) who have given constant support and encouragement.  I would not be who I am today without you.


I am working as a speech therapist at a Rehabilitation and Nursing home.  It has been challenging and I am learning a lot. I am now a professional working woman, something I never wanted to be, but I'm interested to find out what Heavenly Father has in store for me and why He needed me to be a speech therapist. I know there is a reason for all things.

2 comments:

  1. I can think of one reason already! You did such a great job with Patrick--you have no idea what a difference you made in our lives! ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Megan! That means a lot to me. I miss you guys!

      Delete